Monday, February 2, 2009

How to Ruin My Teenage Life

Title: How to Ruin My Teenage Life
Author: Simone Elkeles
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 281
Publisher: Flux
Publishing Year: 2007
Geared Towards: Teens (13+)
Extra Info: Sequal to How to Ruin a Summer Vacation and the prequel to How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation. Simone Elkeles is also the author of Perfect Chemistry and Leaving Paradise!


Summary (Credits to "BOB" -Yeah! First time I used that acronym): My name is Amy Nelson-Barak and I'm seventeen years old. Here's my life right now: new step-dad, new step-sib on the way, new living sitch with my real dad (resulting in annoying new neighbor boy). Real boyfriend inconveniently living in different country (Israel). Forced entry into job market due to small misunderstanding. re: my dad's credit card plus romantic indiscretions of one very irresponsible (but adorable) dog.

Wdebo's Review: Another amazing book from Simone Elkeles and part of the "How to Ruin" books. I can't wait for the new one!!

Pro: This story is written in a wonderfully humorous and amazing first person. Amy sounds just like the sarcastic teenager that everyone goes to school with, our yourself for sometimes. I really love her humor and how she can make such interesting comments on everything. I love the characters, except Mitch he's such a butt, and he's a mean and insensitive one at that.

Con: Sometimes, it felt like the jokes were forced and was very awkward, but in other parts in flowed right into the story.

All in all, you should read the "How to Ruin" books, they are amazingly funny and How to Ruin My Teenage Life is no exception.

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

2 comments:

  1. i read the book and it was really good! I have to write a character analysis on it and idk what to write. ... help if you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved and am reading it again

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D