Monday, February 9, 2009

Hands Off! By: Kasane Katsumoto

Title: Hands Off!
Author: Kasane Katsumoto
PAPERBACK
Publisher: Tokyopop
Geared towards: Teens (14+)
Amount of volumes in series: 8 (?-I think)





Summary: Kotarou Oohira's life was nothing but misery in his old boy school, since he has such feminine qualities, the other guys at his school would torture him a lot about it. So when he finally gets to his new school he feels like he can have a better life, except for one thing, his cousin, Tatsuki Oohira is also in that school, and Kotarou is pretty sure Tatsuki hates him.

That is not the case however, because Kotarou has an ESP (special power) that he gave to Tatsuki when they were kids, Tatsuki has always been able to have postcognition after that, which intensifies whenever he is around Kotarou.

Through this whole mess another guy with ESP, Yuuto Urushiyama comes in. He has the ability of reading other people's auras and is a total playboy/goofball. (Also my favorite character because he is just so funnny and you can tell he has a really good heart.) Through the story, Kotarou realizes just how special his power is.

Wdebo's Review: Actually the only reason I picked up this book was because I was in this giant mood to read a good manga book, but all the manga books I wanted to read/put on hold were still on hold for like EVER, so I randomly picked up a manga book and began reading it. At first it was really hard to get into, the language was rough, the pictures felt rough to me (As a Shoju vetren but having never read anything outside of that it was WEIRD), and the words just didn't really seem to fit the characters, but until the middle I finally got into it, after I finished it I re-read it like a gazillion times and I am finally in love with this series.

Pro: The characters are well developed, they all have their diffrent personalities and looks (a big part of manga), it wasn't all cutsey and showed off how wonderful and fluffy the world is, it was more down to earth and relistic. The storyline is also really interesting and original and it is very funny.

Con: It does take a while to get used to, or maybe it might be because I've never read anything like it, but I really liked it after I got used to it. Also the scenes can get a little um rough and the language is also really rough for such girlish guy characters lol.

All in all, if you enjoy manga books that aren't always, everyone has a really good looking partner (AKA Shoju- which I love, FYI) like, you will defidently fall in love with this book!

Grade: B++ (Not an A yet, but I mean its too good just for a B+)

Wdebo :)

2 comments:

  1. Hands Off! Is pretty good. =) It's been awhile since I've read it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I've only read the first one tho, so I gotta get to work on the others.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D