Saturday, February 14, 2009

Change of Heart By: Jodi Picoult

Title: Change of Heart
Author: Jodi Picoult
HARDBACK (Yeah! I haven't read hardback books in a while)
Amount of pages: 447
Publisher: Atria Books (Division of Simon & Schuster)
Publishing Year: 2008
Geared Towards: Older Teens and Adults



Summary:
"Would you give up your vengeance against someone you hate if it meant saving someone you love? Would you want your dreams to come true if it meant granting your enemy's dying wish?"

Eleven years ago, June Nealson's perfect happy life fell apart, her full of life daughter and her husband were shot and killed by Shay Bourne, the man they employed to have him work on their house. Shay was later tried and put of the death sentence, for commiting one of the worst crimes in the history of the small town in New Hampshire.

Now, eleven years later, June is slowly nursing her sores with her daughter Claire, who is very sick and needs a heart transplant, and the only person who can save her? Shay Bourne.

As the story brings in more characters like Father Michael (One of the young men on the trial that sentenced Shay to death) and Maggie (His defense attorney), a story about faith and redemption opens up and let's us question what religion and faith really is.

Wdebo's Review: The only other book I read by Jodi Picoult is Nineteen Minutes, and the minute I read it I was sucked right in. In Change of Heart I found it confusing and stuff in the beginning, but after a while I loved it and thought it was amazing and was sucked right in.

Pro: Her characters are so well developed. You can really connect with some of these characters, at times I pittied June and at other times I hated her, she sounded so spoiled and just such a meanie. My favorite chacter has to be Maggie, she is so self concious about her weight, but she has this amazing wit and brains.

Con: The beginning was confusing (to me at least) and I found it boring and hard to get into, but after a while her wit and imagry came in and it got really good and hard to put down.

All in all, if you have some time and want to read a heart touching story, you must read it!

Grade: B+

Wdebo :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other stories by her:

Nineteen Minutes
My Sister's Keeper
Second Glance

2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE TO READ MY SISTERS KEEPER!!!! My favorite emotional novel!

    So amazing i cannot even begin to describe it! Please read it and tell me what you think????

    Leah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol oh yeah, I put it on hold already! Im gonna read it!!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D