Friday, May 1, 2009

Envy: A Luxe Novel

Title: Envy: A Luxe Novel
Author: Anna Godbersen
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 405
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publishing Year: 2009
Extra Info: The Luxe series has four books. The first one is The Luxe, the second is Rumors, third is Envy and fourth is Splendor.


"JEALOUS WHISPERS

OLD RIVALRIES

NEW BETRAYALS"
"Always stay sharp on railways and cruise ships, for transit has a way of making everything clear"



Summary (From Front flap): Two months after Elizabeth Holland's dramatic homecoming. Manhattan eagerly awaits her return to the pinnacle of society. When Elizabeth refuses to rejoin her sister Diana's side, however, those watching New York's favorite family begin to suspect that all is not as it seems behind the stately doors of No. 17 Gramercy Park South.

Farther uptown, Henry and Penelope Schoonmaker are the city's most celebrated couple. But despite the glittering diamond ring on Penelope's finger, the newlyweds share little more than scorn for each other. And while the newspapers call Penelope's social-climbing best friend, Carolina Broad, an heiress, her fortune-and her fame-are anything but secure, especially now that one of society's darlings is slipping tales to the eager press.

Wdebo's Review: Oh my god!! I screamed when I saw Envy on my hold shelf!!! I was so excited and it totally held my attention. I loved it but hated the ending. What another cliffhanger??!!! I totally can't wait for Splendor. (When does it come out??!)

Isn't the cover just BEAUTIFUL? I love The Luxe series' cover. This is totally how I pictured Diana and for Rumors how I pictured Penelope, except in The Luxe, doesn't Elizabeth look a bit meanier then she is written about? I just love the dresses they are so pretty!!

The Hollands are... the "main characters" right? Cuz the story goes around their story. But I find them eeh. I don't like them that much Elizabeth sounds very whinny and Diana even though she's strong doesn't follow her heart a lot. Uh yeah.

Favorite Character...Please don't hurt me, but my favorite character is Lina-excuse me- Carolina Broad. I have no idea why she's my favorite character, she's just always been since the first book. I always cheer for her, maybe it's becuase I always want the underdogs to succed.

The writing is...Great!! I love her writting, it's so modern but it is so well written and it totally sucks you in!

All in all, if you are a Luxe lover remember to pick this book up! If you aren't it's never to late to begin reading it!!

Wdebo :)

Grade: A-

4 comments:

  1. I have GOT to finish reading luxe hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. k, splendor come out on Nov 13th and omg i can't wait either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow so late :( I really can't wait tho!

    wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D