Monday, May 18, 2009

You Are So Undead To Me

Title: You Are So Undead To Me
Author: Stacey Jay
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages:263
Publisher: Penguin Group
Publishing Year: 2009
Geared Towards: Teens

"Positive thinking, that was what I needed. Too bad positive thinking was so very hard to pull off when you were fairly certain there was a killer on the loose-a killer who could be watching your every move, determined not to fail again."





Summary: (From B.O.B)

Q: HOW MANY ZOMBIES DOES IT TAKE TO RUIN A SOCIAL LIFE?
A: NOT MANY.

Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a whole bunch of semi-dead people with killer issues. All Megan really wants is to go to homecoming, but when you're trailed by a bunch of slobbering corpses whenever you leave the house, it's kinda hard to score a date. Let's just say Megan's love life could use some major resuscitation.

Megan's convinved her life can't get any worse-until someone in school starts using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into scary, hardcore flesh-eating Zombies. Now it's up to Megan to stop the Zombie apocalypse. Her life-and more importantly, the homecoming dance-depend on it.

Wdebo's Review: Please tell me why all of these zombie romances seem to have the same plot? Like here, let me compare it to Zombie Queen of Newbury High. So, the main characters are all sort of these socialy ok people but still rejects but not, but they also have the ability to capture the love of the hot football player. Who's not the smartest guy and later turns out to be a really crappy dude. Then in the end they fall in love with dudes who all have to do with zombies (something they've been trying to get out of.) There is a dance that starts the whole thing, and is the only thing these girls crazily think about. It's ok to read one or two of these plot lines every three months but more eh it feels repetitive and yuck.

Now, if we overlook that fact, this book was cute, funny and cliche. Like all of the other books I've read. It was lighthearted and a cute summer read. Not my most favorite book in the world, but it was pretty good.

I did not like Meg tho, she was a very whinny little girl. Yes, she could kick zombie ass pretty well but she kept whinning about Josh Pickle, Ethan, Josh, Ethan, Josh...Ah it hurt my head so much, it felt like I was getting caught in a voice catfight. *gag*.

The cover was...eh it was ok. Not the best, the skull tho it does kind of symbolize the story seemed weird, plasticy, fake and yuck. It was a cool pose but not my most favorite cover. (B-)

Favorite Character: None :( Sadly yes I did not realli like any of the characters, you would think I would like Ethan (Other guy Meg is falling for) but no I just wanted to punch him in the face for being with Monica.

All in all, this was an ok, cute, light-hearted zombie YA romance book. (so yes, cliche is implied in that statement). Not the BEST book but not HORRIBLE. A nice light summer read. Yeah summer! 20-something more days <3

Grade: B-

Wdebo :)

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I like the cover, it's cute, but I agree, the plot line seems very similar to ZQoNH. Might read it once I need a zombie fix again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, plots these days are getting repetitive. But, at least now you know. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this novel, but it is getting repetitve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep yep but they are cute!

    wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D