Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Elite By: Jennifer Banash

Title: The Elite
Author: Jennifer Banash
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 237
Publisher: Penguin Group
Publishing Year: 2008
Geared Towards: Teens ( 13 + )
Extra Info: Click picture to go to the elite series website!


"Alphabetically speaking, Macallister would still always come before McCloy"




Summary (From B.O.B):


It's the most exclusive luxury apartment building
On New York's Upper East Side.
If you don't live there, you don't know how to live...


When Casey McCloy steps into The Bramford, she's overwhelmed by the sophistication and elegance of it all. Fresh from the Midwest, she's moved to New York City to live with her grandmother and attend the prestigious Meadowlark Academy. Here, all that matters is who you know. The designer to know is Zac Posen. The girl to know is Madison Macallister: popular, pretty, and platinum blond. She's not just Casey's new classmate and neighbor; she's an icon. So Casey aims to get in with Madison and her gorgeous gal pals from the start. As the reigning queen of coolness, Madison is capable of destroying reputations with one well-timed whisper. Better to be on her good side.


After a haute makeover from her new frenemy Madison, Casey is wearing the right cloths, saying the right things, and meeting the right people. Including Drew, the boy-about-town Madison thinks belongs to her and her alone...


Wdebo's Review: Oh wow, I just realized, I've read these types of books so much this year and for the other years of my life I've tried to steer clear of these books. But after reading some of these I'm totally hooked!!

This book was like all of those. Filled to the brim with bitchy girls who have a small yet beating heart underneath their makeup. Though it was pretty generic it was a really good book. I thought it was really well written, the plot line was greatly developed, and the characters tho I disliked all of them were very personality filled and *looks down guiltily* quite entertaining to read about.

I seriously did not like Casey um yeah. She was too plastic and annoying. The only person I actually sorta liked has to be Sophie, I feel for her from the secret she learns.

After reading this I am totally psyched to start In Too Deep (Ah I prob have to wait forever for it :( )

Favorite Character: Can I say none?

The cover: Is quite pretty but it feels puffy.

All in all this is a perfectly well written story for everyone except very feministic women, but it was sweet, bratty and a very nice aversion to read about other ppl's troubles instead of thinking of my own.

Grade: A--

Wdebo :)

*******************

The titles in The Elite series:

The Elite
In Too Deep
Simply Irresistible

2 comments:

  1. Puffy, haha! It's pretty good, reading the second at the moment. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I want to read the second!!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D