Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park


"Here's to us.
Who's like us?
Damn few."
~Sondheim (Merrily We Row Along)


Title: My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park

Author: Steve Kluger

HARDBACK

Amount of Pages: 403

Difficulty: Easy-It went by smoothly (Best way to put it, i guess)

Reccomended for: 13 and up

Summary: Augie, T.C. and Ale are three teenagers living through the torture chamber of life AKA High School. T.C. is Augie's "brother", that is they decided to be brothers after T.C. started to hang out with him when they were six. T.C. is in love with Ale, but it drives him crazy that she doesn't return the feelings back. Ale is the daughter of an ambassador, but all she wants to do is be a musical star. Augie...well, all I can say is, he's gay and he doesn't know it. This book follows them through their Freshman year, from love all the way to Mary Poppins.



Wdebo's Review: I honestly am in love with these kinds of books. Chick Lit for girls by guys. Just like Boy2Girl, Steve Kluger does not have that same reservations that most girl authors do. It was very witty and very very VERY funny. His word choice is just AMAZING! I loved this book, it made me cheer for all the couples especially Augie and Andy. AHH, they're sooo cute together! Well, I'll shut up now or ill spill the whole story. I would reccomend this book to all my girl friends, I loved it, it was funny and every one (girl) should read it! 10/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D