Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wicked Lovely By: Melissa Marr

Title: Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 328
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: June 12, 2007
Geared Towards: Teens (Faerie/Paranoramal Romance Lovers)
From: Friend

"Then he said the words that'd sealed so many mortal girls' fates. 'I've dreamed about her. She's the one.'" P. 14


Summary (From B.O.B):


Rule #3:
Don't stare at invisable faeries
Rule #2
Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Rule #1
Don't ever attract their attention.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. When the rules that have kept Aislinn safe from them stop working, everything is suddenly on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first centruy faery tale.

Wdebo's Review: I had read many good reviews about Wicked Lovely and so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and read it. Though in the beginning it was a bit hard to get into and it felt slow, but after a while it sped up and became, not only action-filled but it was also able to capture romance, intrigue and so many other spell-binding characteristics that many faerie books try to do but do not succed.

Before Wicked Lovely, I had read a lot of faerie books, I never thought I would like Wicked Lovely a lot, most of the faerie books did seem to feed off of each other and have a lot of the same characteristics over and over again. So, when I first began reading it I wasn't all that interested, I would put it down for long periods of time and randomly pick it up and begin skim-reading some of the pages before putting it down. But after a while I found myself getting sucked into Aislinn and the Winter/Summer Court faeries' worlds. It became very very addicting.

Melissa Marr was able to paint the scenes of the courts beautifully and get much emotion into the book. Even though this was her debut novel her writing was very strong and wonderfully done.

Aislinn wasn't my most favorite character,she seemed kind of weak, even though at times she did have undeniable strength; however, she always seeemed to need someone by her. I liked Seth a lot more, I mean he was strong character that was always behind Aislinn, it was sweet to read about Seth, he was this tough guy but with a soft side espeically when it came to Aislinn. Keenan was ok, I mean he is doing all this to save his courts and he does get a good love story (all the characters did, which made me a happy camper :) ); however, I really do not understand why people always have to write about beautiful Faerie males as having long hair...everytime I see a guy with long hair it kind of scares me, so I don't really understand the attarctiveness of long hair.

Cafe Cover Chat: I really like the cover, it has a blue-ness to it and since blue is my favorite color so yeah! =] (B+)

All in all, a wonderful story for Faerie/Paranormal romance lovers. Filled with wonderful imagry and writing. Sure to enthrall readers 'till the last word.

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D