Monday, October 4, 2010

If I Stay By: Gayle Forman


Title: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 234
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release Date: April 2, 2009
Geared Towards: Teenage Readers
From: Won

"'I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would just be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.'" p. 231

Summary (From B.O.B):
On a day that started
like any other...

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknown future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she ahs left-the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.

Wdebo's Review: I first picked up this book a couple of years ago, but after a few pages I just could not get into it at all, no matter how much I tried it just did not seem to interest me at all, yes the idea was pretty interesting, but I didn't know why I didn't like it a lot. However, this summer, I won a prize pack from the Summer Reading Program at the library and I could choose three books, none of the other books looked interesting so I chose If I Stay, thinking that I felt bad about not finishing it, and now, after finishing it, I really really liked it.

The storyline is very interesting and a new idea for me. I don't think I've ever read a book like this one. It was very addicting and it made you want to read and read and read. Because you keep wanting to know what path she will choose. It keeps you hooked until the heart-thumping ending.

I really like Mia's story, very rarely is there a YA book about someone that is so intensly passionate about classical music it is very refreshing and there is a wonderful contrast between her and her boyfriend, how two people can be very different but still be in love and perfect together.

I really liked Adam, Mia's boyfriend, he is just so sweet and cute and he is like the kind of guy I really like. He is so rocker yet so sweet...hehehehe...I want a guy like that ^^ And he understands Mia's love of the cello and will do anything to make her happy. Though Mia is not my most favorite character ever but she is still a very good character.

Cafe Cover Chat: I really like the cover of the book I have (the one above), it is very pretty and saddening at the same time, but the other cover [Click HERE] I am not that big of a fan of...not as exciting. (A-)

All in all, a very good storyline that many are sure to read and not be able to put down till the end. So wonderfully written and just shows you the strength of the human spirit and love.

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D