Monday, August 10, 2009

Fashionista: A Bradford Novel By: Micol Ostow

Title: Fashionista: A Bradford Novel
Author: Micol Ostow
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: August 25, 2009
Geared Towards: Teens +
Extra Info: This is the sequal to GoldenGirl [Review HERE].




Summary (From Amazon): Madison, Spencer, and Reagan have it all: the looks, the connections, the money, the boys. As the daughters of three of the most prestigious families on Philadelphia's Main Line (read: old money, and lots of it) and the ruling juniors at Bradford, nothing can stand in their way...except, perhaps, their own dark secrets.

Madison feels plenty guilty for sneaking around behind Spencer's back with Spencer's long-time boyfriend, Tyler. But what Spencer doesn't know can't hurt her, right? Too bad nothing at Bradford stays secret for long...

Wdebo's Review: I couldn't wait to read this book, I had a squeeling fit when I found this in my mailbox on Friday. I was such a big fan of GoldenGirl, the uses of a blog form for the whole story was so awesome and cool. Reading blogs are the way to go YEAH! Love to the blogosphere! This book did not fail to disapppoint, and I thought it was better then GoldenGirl.

I liked reading from Madison's point of view a whole lot more then Spencer's, because Specer is this really bitchy I-Should-Get-Everything-That-I-Want kind of girl, but in a way she's really naive so not my favorite character to read about. But Madsion, on the other hand, is totally awesome to read about, she's really opiniated and fiesty, so she was fun to read from. Also, she's asian...I haven't read a lot of books from an asian's point of view even though she doesn't sound even the tiniest bit azn.

As much as I liked her, I was not very happy with the decisions she made, it was obvious that everything was just going to blow up in her face, and also, can someone PLEASE tell me why she was shoplifting??!! She's rich enough to buy the whole store...she should do something else to get rid of that anger, at least spend all of daddy's money, that would be better then shoplifting, you'll be helping the store n making daddy pay for it (pun intended). Oooh, very London Tipton.

I HATE Tyler he's such a s.o.b and you can totally tell what a horrible guy he is from the very beginning...how can any girl like him??!!

The cover is cool....there very rarely is anybook with an asian on the cover...so yeah!! Except that is one hidious tank, I might not know anything about fashion, but I do know what I think is ugly...that tank does not compliment her skin AT ALL. (B+)

All in all, such an awesome book, for those who loved GoldenGirl, you will not be disapointed with Fashionista!

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

Thanks to Simon & Schuster for this review copy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D