Wednesday, April 1, 2009

GoldenGirl: A Bradford Novel By: Micol Ostow

Title: GoldenGirl: A Bradford Novel
Author: Micol Ostow
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 195
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publishing Year: 2009
Geared Towards: Teens (13+)
Extra Info: This book has its own WEBSITE, and I went on and it looks SOO real!! And you can become "friends" on Facebook and Myspace, and since I am such a nerd I decided to do just that! :P





Summary: Meet Spencer, Paige, and Madison, three filthy-rich-connection-galore beyotches who are the queen bees of Bradford Prep, a prestigeous rich ppl only private school.


Meet Spencer- Blond, and the second half of the school's cutest couple (Spencer + Tyler = Love (?) ), but when super cute ex (um I looked at his picture, yeah not that cute) Jeremy Brown comes back from his mom's sebatical, Spencer can't help but feel a little pang of, "what's that? Could it be?" love for him. But when Regan Stanford comes to their school and Jeremy's attention is focused on him, she can't help but feel that the green eyed monster is crawling into her heart.


Meet Paige- The bitchest of the bitchest. Currently on-and-off dating Dalton Richmond-the school's "Alpha Dog (empasis on 'dog' )". But when her old frendemy, Regan, comes back into her little life she can't stop the anger that comes into her mind as she decides to get revenge and "smother the threat."


Meet Madison- A total fashionista, a total fashionista with a BIG secret (Which is revealed in the next book, but I'm sure I know alreay-cuz I'm cool like that lol). Madison is the nicer one of the three, but yeah, you never know, the nice one could be the one with the bigger bite... (It's not suppose to mean anything, it might in the next book tho...)


WELCOME TO BRADFORD PREP. HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY.


Wdebo's Review: First things first, that summary sure was fun to write. I don't think I've written an actual review in AGES! (Yeah for me! *Claps hands together like London Tipton* ) Now to the important thing...the actual review...dun dun dun dun. I always hated the books about mean girls, but for some strange reason, I totally enjoyed this book! It was good and had this flair about it, even though, I still can't believe it (I hope I don't sound sexist) it was written by a guy. It seems a lot of books like this are getting written more and more by guys and less and less by girls weird huh?

Pro: Mean characters, but they were very interesting to read about. The whole book was written in like a blog form, and even though it was in paragraph form, there was something fun and exciting about reading it, I just totally enjoyed it!! (See who doesn't love blog posts?!!)

Con: Even though the characters were interesting they were ugh. Spencer was annoying, she's suppose to be the "good girl" of the girl, but all she conveyed to me was a stuck up brat who's brain was filled with revenge. "Oh she hurt my friend I have to do something bad to her, oh she hurt me I have to do something bad to her. Blah Blah Blah." "

All in all, this was a really good book for those who enjoy books like Privilege. Also, for those,like me, who HATE these types of books, read it and I believe you will like them like I do (except there are some that I just CAN'T READ!). I can't wait for Fashionista...coming...IDK...

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

Can anyone tell me when Fashionista comes out? Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey--I'm so excited that you liked GG, even though you aren't big on "mean girl" lit! That makes the compliment even MORE meaningful!
    To answer your question, FASHIONISTA comes out in August. But we're going to be featuring an online-only storyline on the blogs that will go up within the next few weeks. So that should help to tide you over. Keep your eye out.

    And finally, just to clarify--I'm a girl! "Micol" is pronounced like "Nicole," even though there's no "e."
    (Don't worry, you're not the first to make that mistake).
    xx,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry!

    August-Wow so long, but I can't wait to read it! (It'll be my birthday book!)

    Thanks for your comment!!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D