Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shadow Kiss: A Vampire Academy Novel

Title: Shadow Kiss: A Vampire Academy Novel
Author: Richelle Mead
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 443
Publisher: Penguin Group
Release Date: November 13, 2008
Geared Towards: Older Teens
Extra Info: Shadow Kiss is the third book in the Vampire Academy series.

Summary (From Amazon): Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it-s way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...

Wdebo's Review: Oh wow, it has been a long time since I read Frostbite (around 7 months now) so...yeah, I hate reading a sequal like a long time after reading the first book...it just makes them harder to get into...well, I'll do my best...

When I first started reading Shadow Kiss, I was like...oh no this is going to be hard to go into...and as I began to read the first few pages I thought, man, this book is going downhill, I think I might even like Frostbite more then this. But as I got back into the academy, an old familiarity started to wash over me and I started to get more and more hooked on the story. Until the middle, when I just couldn't put it down.

This book added everything, romance, action and, of course, total girl power! And what else did it have...oh yeah, Dimitri. Dimitri is awesome...so calm and just well, hot. And I still really like Christopher, he was the best during the end :)

Cover Chit Chat: I had the newer cover (the picture above is the older cover) I like the older cover more it has more information then a giant head and a hand holding a strand of hair from the giant head. But, if I was to grade the cover I have I will have to give it a (B-) and a (B+) for the old cover.

All in all, Vampire Academy fans will not be disappointed! And those who love reading vampire stories start Vampire Academy NOW!

Grade: B+

***********
Books in the Vampire Academy series:

Vampire Academy [Click HERE for review]
Fostbite [Click HERE for review]
Shadow Kiss [Click HERE for review]
Blood Promise [Click HERE for review]
Spirit Bound [Click HERE for review]
Last Sacrifice [Review to come!]

8 comments:

  1. I finally got copies of these, and I am so psyched to see them!
    And thanks for the link - I might be falling in love. <3

    Oh, also, I have an award for you. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by see them, I of course meant read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat with the award!
    I never read any books in this serie, this one really sounds like a fun/good read. :)
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brizmus-Haha XD I am glad you are falling in love...always nice to spread the Show love :)

    Oh, and thanks so much!!

    Nina-Thank you :) I hope you can read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christopher is my favorite. I'm getting frostbite and shadow kiss, so i'll read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutly am in love with the book im on shadow kiss and ive finished it in 1 week thats crazy because i dont even like books. so im qoing to get blood promise. these books are so addicting ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you they are!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D