Sunday, November 9, 2008

Little Brother By: Cory Doctorow


Title: Little Brother
Author: Cory Doctorow
HARDBACK

Amount of Pages: 365

Difficulty: Easy-good tech info tho!

Reccomended for: Ages 14 and up

Extra Info: The title Little Brother comes from 1984's Big Brother.

Summary: Marcus is "w1n5t0n", no not "double u one enn five tee oh enn", just "winston". He is smart, fast and an amazing computer hacker, and he's just 17! When Marcus get caught in a big terrorist attack, he gets sent to the Department of Homeland Security and he gets tortured so they could find out "who did the terrorist attacks". Shaken and paranoid, Marcus is thrown back onto the streets with his other two friends, just not his best friend Darryl.
Determined to win his best friend back, Marcus uses his experties in computer hacking to set the DHS back, and to take take back US from being this police state it is becoming.

Wdebo's Review: Just to set the record straight, I am totally computer illiterate. So, when I picked up this book I thought I wouldn't like it at all. To make a long story short, I was wrong. It was so amazing and fast paced, I just found Marcus so amazing that he was able to sum up all his courage to fight against what he thought was wrong. I learned so much from this book, it was packed with a bazillion bundles of info for the reader to learn, so it was like fun learning. It was written so well, I felt like I was part of the group and fighting along with them. I wish everyone could read this book! 9.8/10!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D