Friday, December 12, 2008

Book to Movie: Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog

Ok, so this is my first "Book to Movie" so I am not sure if I should review it or what? Oh well, here goes...
Title: Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
Author: John Grogan
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 289
Copyright year: 2005
Geared towards: Adults or teens
Extra Info: Pics on Back and front of the book insides, sooo cute!!
Movie Info: Comes out on December 25th, perfect christmas gift *hint,hint*, the official site is HERE. An all star cast of: Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wilson!!
"Was it possible for a dog-any dog, but especially a nutty, wildly uncontrollable one like ours-to point humans to the things that relly mattered in life?"
Summary (Credits to front flap of book): John and Jenny were just beginning their life together. They were young and in love, with a perfect little house and not a care in the world. Then they brought home Marley, a wiggly yellow furball of a puppy. Life would never be the same.
Marley quickly grew into a barreling, ninety-seven-pound steamroller of a Labrador retriever, a dog like no other. He crashed through screen doors, gouged through drywall, flung drool on guests, stole women's undergarments, and ate nearly everything he could get his mouth around, including couches and fine jewelry. Obedience school did no good-Marley was expelled. Neither did the tranquiliers the veterinarian prescribed for him with the admonishment, "Don't hesitate to use these."
And yet Marley's heart was pure. Just as he joyfully refused any limits on his behavior, his love and loyalty were boundless, too. Marley shared the couple's joy at their first pregnancy and their heartbreak over the miscarriage. He was there when babies finally arrived and when the screams of a seventeen-year-old stabbing victim pierced the night, Marley shut down a public beach and managed to land a role in a feature-length movie, always winning hearts as he made a mess of things. Through it all, he remained steadfast, a model of devotion, even when his family was at its wit's end. Unconditioanl love, they would learn, comes in many forms.
Wdebo's Review: I read this book a while ago, so I don't remember the finer details. (But don't worry, I am reading it again to get ready for the MOVIE! But I do remember that I was IN LOVE with this book when I read it.
Pro: So cute and good. John Grogan is an amazing author. He uses wonderful imagry that really captures the beauty of Marley. He takes you on a ride of his life, through the ups and downs of pregnency and owning of a dog. Trust me I know, my dog is an Australian Shepherd, she has WAY too much energy for her own good. I also love the pictures, they are soooo cute! <3
Con: I can't think of any, doesn't mean there aren't any.
All in all, if you haven't read this book before I reccomend you do so RIGHT NOW before the movie comes out...So excited!! For those who have RE READ IT!!!
Grade: A+++++++
Wdebo :)

2 comments:

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D