Tuesday, June 5, 2012

LGBT Pride Month (1)-The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal

Helllloooooo World!

Because I have been totally MIA lately and haven't been reading at all (Unless you guys want to hear my thoughts on Crime and Punishment and Anna Karenina AND the ten page research paper I am doing on Russian literature) I have decided that since I am a bibliophile and since June is LGBT Pride month, I will (try to-key words there) post a book/graphic novel/other literary medium with admirable LGBT protagonists every day for the rest of this month.

Even though I do not identify as lesbian/bisexual/transgender, I feel that it is wrong to discriminate against people because of their sexual orientation just like how I feel it is wrong to discriminate against gender or race, etc. If someone treated me unequally because I am an Asian female, I would totally be all like "Bitch, please..." and yeah, but we can save that discussion for a different time.

Anyways, the first book for my LGBT Pride Month posts will be The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal By: EK Weaver (Who I REALLY want to meet but will probably never *Cries*)






It is a WIP that can currently be found online HERE. The first volume of the graphic novel is also out for sell now!

Less Than Epic is a wonderful graphic novel about two guys who meet by chance and go on a road trip together filled with sketchy motels, weed, music and gradual love. The artwork is wonderful especially the few nature shots that are absolutely stunning.


Unlike most m/m webcomics it does not focus exclusively on the sexual relationship between the protagonists instead it focuses on the gradual development of romance between the two. (There are sexual relations shown between TJ and Amal but it is definitely not as out there as say..Teahouse or Starfighter) The chemistry is gentle and so sweet. I cannot wait to see how the story continues to develop!

Wdebo :)

P.S. Do you have a book/comic/graphic novel to add to a future post for this series? Comment below and I will check it out!

What do you feel about these posts? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D