Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Runaway By: Meg Cabot

Title: Runaway
Author: Meg Cabot
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 310
Release Date: April 20, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc
Geared Towards: Teens
From: Bought
Extra Info: This is the third and last book in the Airhead trilogy.

"I was on my own, and there was no one at all who was going to be able to help me out of this one" (48).

Summary: Em is stuck as the prisoner of Brandon Stark, the son of billionaire Robert Stark. The same Robert Stark who planted the assasination attempt on supermodel, Nikki Howard, that left Em waking up in Nikki's body and vice versa. But she soon finds a way to escape and it seems to be freedom at last right? Wrong. She finally knows the secret behind Nikki's secret and the only person who can help her (Who also happens to be her one true love), Christopher is trying too hard to ignore her to be of any assistance. Will Em be able to figure out the truth of Robert Stark's evil plans, try to fix all the wrongs she has unknowingly created and get Christopher back on her side, all in time for the live Stark Angel fashion show?

Wdebo's Review: Another Meg Cabot series has come and gone. *Sniff* I always feel so melancholy after finishing a Meg Cabot series (or trilogy in this case). The Airhead series has been one of my favorite series by her (Not counting Princess Diaries of course) and Runaway was a well concocted ending to this exciting and fun trilogy.

Even though I finished the second book, Being Nikki, almost two years ago, I was still eased right into the plot line from the very beginning and it was so hard to put down until the last period (Actually, it was a quotation mark.) However, I did feel that there were moments where it seemed to stay on one scene for too long, like in the beginning where they just stayed at the dinning table talking and eating, talking and eating I really just want to go in there and tell them to hurry up, but apart from that, the writing was great and very very enjoyable.

One of the main features of Meg Cabot's writing that is very entertaining is her plethora of pop culture refrences, which gives it the signature Meg Cabot "teenage voice." Though at times I felt like I was reading from Mia (From Princess Diaries)'s point of view, because of the familiar complaining voice that Mia always seemed to possess. But at times, I found the pop culture references to be awakwardly placed, that it didn't seem to be necessary to have that in there, but at others times it was a nice and refreshing fit. But one thing that really bothered me about the pop culture refrence is that Bill Gates is not the richest man in the world, the richest man in the world is Carlos Slim HelĂș.

I generally liked Em, even though at times, like I stated above, she did adopt a very Mia Thermopolis complainy and whiny voice but apart from that she was an enjoyable narrator. Nikki herself also changes for the better, making her much more enjoyable even though she was still a bitch at times, but I loved her relationship that she develops at the end, so I'll overlook her bitchyness. Christopher is awesome and so is Felix. Ok, I just loved all of the characters, even that idiot Brandon. And I loved how Meg Cabot gave all of the characters a realationship, soo cute, unrealistic, but definitely made the cliche, sweet aspect of the novel come to life.

Cafe Cover Chat: I like this cover the most out of all of the Airhead covers. It fits well with the whole title and it looks cool. Oh yeah, and I think it's great how they used the same model for all the covers (I believe...) (A-)

All in all, a wonderful conclusion to the Airhead trilogy that most Airhead lovers should be very satisfied with. And if you haven't read any of the books yet, go NOW!! (List of the books below)

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

*******

List of books in the Airhead series:

1) Airhead [No review :( ]
2) Being Nikki [Click HERE for review]
3) Runaway [This one!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D