Tuesday, December 29, 2009

District 9 (Movie)

Title: District 9
Release Year: 2009
Director: Neill Blokamp
Rated: R
Cafe Warning: There is like intense language like the F word every other line and it is very graphic, even though its super safe, but not good for children.
Actor(s): Sharlto Copley as Wikus Van De Merwe
Extra Info: Click HERE to visit the site! It's pretty cool, check it out!


Summary: District 9 is a place for aliens/non-humans more commonly known by their deragatory term "prawns" that came to this earth around 20 years ago, now humans are ralling for them to be shipped away so the Multi-National United (MNU) is getting eviction notices to the aliens to make sure they leave in a day, and the head of this operation? Wikus Van De Merwe, a not entirely bright man.

Wdebo's Review: I am not a big fan of movies like these, but for some reason when I watched the trailer I really really really wanted to watch this movie. When I started watching it, I had absolutely no idea what was going to happen, all I knew was that District 9 was a place for aliens. But for some reason I really enjoyed it, it was surprisingly a very good movie. Except the middle was a bit boring.

The movie is shot in a documentary form, and it was a very good idea, it was like watching this informational thing-y about something that was happening. I am a person who hates graphic pictures and stuff, so I wasn't all that happy with the blood and guts and stuff, but it was seriously really fake, so it wasn't that bad, but still really gross.

After this movie all I could think was "Humans are seriously horrible creatures."

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

3 comments:

  1. It's in documentary form? D: Hm, but I think I'll still have a go at it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie is so weird. But I liked the scene with the little alian asking about their home planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana-You should.

    Letter-Haha thats true...but the little alien was so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D