Sunday, September 13, 2009

Prophecy of the Sisters By: Michelle Zink

Title: Prophecy of the Sisters
Author: Michelle Zink
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 343
Publisher: Little, Brown and Co.
Release Date: August 1, 2009
Geared Towards: Teens

"Without the Keys, something terrible will happen
Something that cannot be undone.

And with them, I might bring an end to the riddle
of the Prophecy and my strange part in it.

If Alice and I are on conflicting sides of the Prophecy,
the Keys would be dangerous in her hands.

With means I have to find them.
And I have to do it before my sister."

Summary (From Front Flap):
AN ANCIENT PROPHECY
DIVIDES TWO SISTERS-

ONE GOOD
ONE EVIL...

WHO WILL PREVAIL?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthrope have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned their generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tatoo-like mark, their parents' death, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don't know
whom they trust.

They just know they
can't trust each other.

Wdebo's Review: What a great book The Prophecy of the Sisters is! Though I did find the beginning to be a little bit tedious and hard to get into, but then again, very rarely is there a perfect beginning!

The writing is wonderfully gothic and exciting. It flows into an exciting can't-put-down book, as you hungrily read through every twist and turn to the cliffhanger ending.

I really liked the character of Lia, she works hard to figure out the mystery and to protect her loved ones. Actually, I liked all of the characters (well at least one small part) even Alice sometimes, I just felt bad for her sometimes.

But I loved Henry, Lia and Alice's little brother, the most. He was the sweetest guy ever and would do anything he could to protect Lia, maybe even give up his life?

Cafe Cover Chat: Oh, the cover is great looking, so dark and victorian just like the book! Except those stone angels scare me a lot, so though the cover is pretty good looking, I still like the Germany (I think it's Germen) cover more. [Click HERE to see it] It looks just awesome!!

All in all, an amazing gothic YA novel, and an amazing defut from author Michelle Zink.

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

*************

Releated Books:

4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it! I'm getting to this one next week, I reckon. I love the cover design but I think the shiny bits would have looked better a matte grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this one and can't wait to read it! I haven't seem a bad review yet. So glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D