Friday, September 4, 2009

Catching Fire By: Suzanne Collins

Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 391
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Release Date: September 1, 2009
Geared Towards: Teens
Extra Info: Catching Fire is the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy, the first book is The Hunger Games [Read My Review HERE].

"I am the mockingjay. The one that survived despite the Capitol's plans. The symbol of the rebellion."



Summary (From Front Flap):
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol-a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As tie draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

Wdebo's Review: I was totally in love with The Hunger Games so I HAD to run to Barnes & Nobles the day it was released to get a copy :) It was, to put it simply, an amazing book. I loved it!!!! It picks up right where the first ended, even though I always find it hard to get into sequals, but after a few pages I was enthralled with Catching Fire, just as I had with The Hunger Games, it was just so well written and guides you through the story so amazingly well.

There was a giant twist in the middle that I could not have seen coming. *Spoiler Warning* I mean seriously, who knew she would have gone into the games AGAIN? I thought they were going to torture her in various diffrent methods but never in a million years did I think it would be like that! *End of Spoiler Warning*

As per usual, Peeta was defidently my favorite character, I mean he's cute and sweet, what more can Katniss want??!! Her naive/conflicted thoughts annoy me, gaaahh!!! He says the sweetest things ever, like this line...

"'If you [Katniss] die, and I [Peeta] live, there's no life for me at all back
in District Twelve. You're my whole life," he says. 'I would never be happy
again.'"


And other lines like that.

I am not a big fan of The Hunger Game covers, and even though the mocking bird is a big symbol in Catching Fire, I still don't really like it, yes it does look cool, but it doesn't appeal to me (B)

All in all, another amazing book to add to The Hunger Games trilogy, fans of the first will not be disappointed, and everyone else who hasn't read The Hunger Games before, it's never too late to start.

Grade: A+

Wdebo :)

7 comments:

  1. I want to read this book. But I guess I have no time for leisure reads. I have lots of research and papers crushing me down. I feel a bit stressful but I do hope I can survive this semester.

    Despite of my busy school life, I'll still keep following your reviews and add those nice books on my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I hope you can, and good luck with school :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing a paper on this book right now! this is my favorite book! i could read them over and over again. I love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE this book.!!!! o other book could come so close to how i feel about this one.!!! (okei, maybe one....) but i gotta say, I CALL PEETA.!!! NO ONE ELSE COULD HAVE HIM.!!!! (he's waaaaaaaaaaay better that Gale... IN EVERY WAY.!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with both of you, hehe...Team Peeta!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D