Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Violet In Private By: Melissa Walker

Title: Violet In Private
Author: Melissa Walker
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 210
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Release Date: August 5, 2008
Geared Towards: Teens
Extra Info: This is the third book in the Violet Series (List on bottom).


"Still, if I quit, I'm afraid that I'll revert back to being the girl who was invisible in high school. The girl whose name no one knew. I'm not sure I can risk that."



*Spoiler Alert For Those Who Haven't Read the First Two Books*


Summary: Violet Greenfield, a nineteen year old fresh-faced model, should be brimming with self-confidence and culture right? Wrong. As Violet heads to Vassar for college, she is scared that she will once again become a wallflower.


However, at Vassar she makes some awesome new best friends, lands an internship at Teen Fashionista and may finally be looked at beyond her height and weight. However, she has to fight the hypocrisy of her Love Yourself campaign and also fight her growing desire for her bestest guy friend, Roger, who she might just be in love with. Can there really be a life after modeling and can she ever really quit modeling?


Wdebo's Review: I remember when I first started blogging (One year ago, wow where has the time gone?) and Violet In Private had just come out and there was a bunch of hype about it, and I thought it was a spy novel, because it says "In Private" and also the girl was wearing giant sunglasses, so I thought this novel would be about an international teenage spy that dressed up to become a model for her mission. But I have grown up a lot since then I now know what the Violet series are about.

Violet In Private was cute and just a fun, short read, and Violet lovers will (hopefully) very much. The one thing I couldn't stand was Violet's whinning, gosh, models can be so annoying sometimes, just because she may have gained like a couple of pounds everyone is acting like its the end of the world (this is why I don't care that much for fashion.) I mean, who are models modeling their cloths for? The averege people? And does the averege person fit in a XXS size of clothing. No way. But yet models are scary skinny, what's up with that?

Apart from that, I liked the story line, and at least Violet got stronger and was sorta able to stand up for herself.

I however, kinda liked the ending on the romance aspect of it, but on the other hand also hated it, because I am the kind of girl who likes a very straight forward, happiness inducing, romantic ending, one like "then he slowly tilted up her head, and she complied softly, as their mouths met an electricity passed between them...." etc etc, but the romance ending for this one was kinda ambiguous, one of those, use your imagination types.

As usual, Roger is my favorite character, but another one gets to share his limelight, Kurt. Seriously, Kurt is just awesomeness in a golden-retriever-that-accidently-drank-coffee kinda way. He cracked me up during the whole book.

Cafe Cover Chat: I really like the cover, it looks cool and not as weirdly colored as Violet By Design. (B+)

All in all, a great addition to the Violet series, it was a great, cute read, and hopefully many readers will enjoy it.

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

***********

Books in the Violet Series:

1. Violet on the Runway [Click HERE for review]
2. Violet By Design [Click HERE for review]
3. Violet in Private [This one!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D