Monday, June 29, 2009

The Hunger Games By: Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 374
Publisher: Scholastic
Publishing Year: 2008
Geared Towards: Teens +
Extra Info: The Hunger Games is part of a trilogy, the sequal Catching Fire will be coming out on September 8, 2009. (I want to read it sooo badly....I'm not very patient)



Summary (From front flap):

COULD YOU SURVIVE ON YOUR OWN, IN THE WILD, WITH EVERY ONE OUT TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LIVE TO SEE THE MORNING?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weight survival against humanity and life against love.

Wdebo's Review: I have heard way many good reviews for this book, so I decided to read it. I was NOT disappointed. One of the most amazing books I've ever read!!
Even the beginning was very intense (Something that rarely happens). From the first time I picked it up, I was sucked into this world. The whole time I was reading it, I was thinking how the hell will I survive a world like this and, what kind of cruel government would allow this to happen?
The romance that was in it, was not all forced in, like how most fantasy novel romances are. It flowed with the story, it actually made sense, I was totally in love with it at the end.
Katniss was such an awesome character, she was strong and fought for her way and protected those she loved.
The cover, uh, not the best, the symbolism is on there, but I just couldn't really fall in love with it like I could with the story.
All in all, this is one of the best books I have read in my life so far. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it and I am dying to read the sequal, god, how am I going to be able to wait for it to come out? I AM NOT THAT PATIENT!!!!!!!!
Grade: A+
Wdebo :)

7 comments:

  1. Lol, I still have to look into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too!! One of the best 2008 titles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana- Oh you do!!!

    Marie- I know!!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eally have been wanting to read this one! I havn't had the time to go and by it yet :( Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope u can make time to read it!! Thanks!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you won't be dissapointed with the second one,
    personally, it was even better than the first for me
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nataliekucken/3612012531/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh really? I didn't think anything could be better then the first, but I'm glad I'm wrong!! It's so refreshing to have the sequal be better then the first, seeing as how most books are the total opposite!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D