Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Realm of Possibility By: David Levithan

Title: The Realm of Possiblity
Author: David Levithan
PAPERBACK
Amount of pages: 210
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 10, 2004
Geared Towards: Teens
From: Library


"Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possiblity"

Summary (From B.O.B): There's a girl who is in love with Holden Caulfield. The boy who wants to be strong who falls for the girl who's convinced she needs to e weak. The girl who writes love songs for a girl she can't have. The two boys teetering on the brink of their first anniversary. And everyone in between.

As he did in his highly acclaimed Boy Meets Boy, David Levithan girves us a world of unforgettable voices that readers will want to visit again and agian. It's the realm of possiblity open to us all-where love, joy, and the stories we tell will linger.

Wdebo's Review: Question: What's better then a love story? Answer: Twenty love, life and hate stories of course!!

I have been a big fan of David Levithan after Nick & Norah, Naomi and Ely and Boy Meets Boy. He is a very wonderful author and able to create this great stories. The Realm of Possibilities was no exception. I am a sucker for a good love story, as many probobly know, and this book totally satisfies all my love story needs with other good life stories thrown into the mix.
It was very well written, and since it was written in free verse it gave a more realness to it, and each character's free verse reflected his or her own personality and character which was a very great element to the book.
I loved all of the stories; however, some were a little bit slow, but others were just awesomely great! I loved Anton and Gail's story the most, so adorable-ly cute!
Favorite Quotes:
"I am the one who knows who you are.
I want you to be happy.
and you could be
with me." (Page 56)
"Being a bitch is easy. It's finding the alternative that's hard." (Page 163)
"I should talk to him.
I know I should talk to him
but I do not talk to him.
I watch him from afar
and love him." (Page 169)
Cafe Cover Chat: I know that ring on the cover is a big symbolism of the whole story, but I really think it's kind of bland looking. (B-)
All in all, a great little, short, quick story about life and love that will make your day and hopefully lift up your spirits.
Grade: B+
Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D