Saturday, March 21, 2009

YEAH! A Review!! Dead Girl Walking

Title: Dead Girl Walking
Author: Linda Joy Singleton
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 295 (not counting sneek peek of Dead Girl Dancing)
Publisher: Flux
Publishing Year: 2008
Geared Towards: Ages 13+
Extra Info: The sequal Dead Girl Dancing is out!!

Summary: Seventeen-year-old Amber Borden is just your averege teen. She has her family and one horrible sense of direction. So when she dies and her horrible sense of direction makes her end up in the body of the most popular girl in school, Leah, she has to do whatever it takes to get back into her own body, which is about to be harvested for her heart.

Now, Amber is going to have to employ the help of cute-geeky Eli (a guy who she lock eyes with over the chocolate buffet, who also happens to really like AMBER but not LEAH), geeky best friend and total computer nerd Dustin, and BFF Alyce. But first she has to make sure that they believe her story. What's a girl to do?

Wdebo's Review: I really did enjoy this book, it seems that there are a lot of books about dead people and waking up or switching bodies, but this one is a totally diffrent twist of it. The whole finding yourself in a diffrent body because you got lost was a really diffrent spin to that un-original dead person story.

Pro: I loved this story, seriously, I could totally connect to Amber. A geeky girl with an unhealthy obsession for chocolate and all she wants is to succed and all she has is a bunch of self help books, yeah that's me. (minus the self help books).

Con: I do not like the cover at all! The little "Dead Girl" sign at the top is going to give me nightmares. It looks like an anorexic cheerleader with an over the toply big head with a really bad over bite. Apart from that, I truely enjoyed the story a lot. However, I seriously hate how no one listens to her story, I mean if someone who NEVER talks to you or looks at you and suddenly gets all teary eyed and screams at you that they are your dead best friend who got stuck in a diffrent body, well I think I would stick around and listen.

All in all, this book was great. I would reccomend it to all of those who enjoy these dying and resurecting chick lit books. I am seriously in love with Eli like how I was in love with Christopher from Airhead. AHH!! I really want to read Dead Girl Dancing...RIGHT NOW!!

Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I have to agree the cover is not so intriguing but I might look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should its really good!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review!

    I like the cover of DEAD GIRL DANCING and (upcoming) DEAD GIRL IN LOVE much better. When readers like the covers, I say "thank you." When someone doesn't like the cover, I say, "The cover choice isn't up to the author. I just hope I get lucky with a great cover."

    Thanks again!! And I hope you get to read DEAD GIRL DANCING soon! I'm a little worried that these books aren't showing up in many stores (yet). You can always ask your local bookstore to get it for you.

    I enjoyed AIRHEAD, too. I can't wait for the next book. It's weird really how there are suddenly these girls-in-wrong-bodies books (also SWITCH by Carol Snow). I came up with the idea for DEAD GIRL WALKING in 1988 -- in fact if you go to www.livejournal.com/users/LJSingleton you can read the original 1988 first page compared to the published first page.

    Sometimes book ideas are just in the air and seem to come at the same time.

    Have fun reading!

    Linda Joy Singleton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..Thank you Linda!! I am now such a big fan of yours because of this book :D

    Yeah, I know that the covers aren't up to the authors, so whenever I don't have any cons to say about a book I get really nickpicky about the covers because it is always weird when there is no cons for a book...because there is always something wrong right? Haha, I really did like your book.

    I am so excited to read Dead Girl Dancing, I like the cover better also. I have it on hold also :D

    Thanks for taking your time to read my review!

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved this book when i didnt have any books to read over the summer hahas.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D