Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The False Princess By: Eilis O'Neal

Wow, I haven't posted a review in forever, so sorry!! Anywho, enjoy!!

Title: The False Princess
Author: Eilis O'Neal
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 336
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Geared Towards: Teens
From: Publisher (ARC)


"'So what should I call you now?' he said when we had our breath back. 'Savior of Thorvaldor? Soon-to-Be Master Wizard? Chief Councillor of Wise Words? My own love?'"

Summary (From B.O.B):
STRIPPED OF HER CROWN AND HER NAME,
SINDA MUST RACE TO PLACE THE
RIGHTFUL PRINCESS ON THE THRONE.

Princess and heir to the throne of Thorvaldor, Nalia knows her role in life. But everything changes when she learns, just after her sixteenth birthday, that she is a false princess-a stand-in for the real Nalia, who has been hidden away for her protection. Cast out with little more than the clothes on her back, the girl now called Sinda must leave behind the city, her best friend, Keirnan, and the only life she's ever known.

While struggling with her new peasant life, Sinda discovers that magic runs through her veins-long-suppressed, dangerous magic that she must learn to control. Returning to the city to seek answers, she isntead uncovers a secret that could change the course of Thorvaldor's history forever.

Wdebo's Review: Ever since I was young, I have always liked princess stories, such as those by Gail Carson Levine. So I was very excited to start The False Princess. Though in the beginning, I found the writing to be average and ok, but after a bit, the story line started to pick up and soon adopted a Gail Carson Levine like vibe and the writing was magical and exciting.

The story combined magic, royalty and romance wonderfully. Sinda's story was crafted expertly, I liked her character, except at certain moments I was annoyed by her, she was weak and indecisive and just made stupid mistakes; however, at other times she was strong and a great heronie. Though I thought that her magic would be a central focus of the story but through the writing I would forgete that she had magic, well until sparks started flying out of her, but I really wished she could have added more details to her magic usage. Now, on the topic of characters, I love Keirnan, he was super sweet and just got so gahh lovee!! :DD

Finally, there were many twists and turns in the story which kept the plot fresh and exciting. It was a great read.

Cafe Cover Chat: I like this cover, because it is pretty and I like it a lot more then the cover that was on my ARC. (B+)

All in all, a great story for readers that like Princess stories and fantasy plots, filled with adventure and romance.

Grade: B+/A-

Wdebo :)

1 comment:

  1. OOO this is one of the books on my reading list and I love princess stories too. Thanks for the review.

    First to comment. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D