Monday, September 27, 2010

Mockingjay By: Suzanne Collins

Title: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 398
Release Date: August 24, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Geared Towards: Teens
From: Bought

"'I'm going to be the Mockingjay'"

Summary (From Front Flap):


MY NAME IS KATNISS EVERDEEN
WHY AM I NOT DEAD?
I SHOULD BE DEAD

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans-except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a prawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put asie her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay-no matter what the personal cost.

Wdebo's Review: I had been waiting forever for the release of Mockingjay, I am a giant Hunger Games fan, so when I saw Mockingjay at Costco I knew I HAD to buy it. And now, that I have finished, I feel a mix of emotions, for one, I am very satisfied with the ending, but there were also some parts that I felt weren't written up to par with the rest of the trilogy.

I always believe in bad news first that way there's always something good to look forward to, so as much as I enjoyed this book, I still felt that the beginning part of the book wasn't as addicting as the other books in the trilogy, the other books, I had no ability to put it down, I just had to keep reading until I was finished with the book, but with this one, I could put it down, and not feel awfully horrible and like I couldn't live if I didn't read even just one more page.

I also felt that Katniss was awfully whinny. It wasn't until the end when she finally got her strength and was the strong Katniss I was used to reading about. She also seemed too nice, I know her heart is in the right place, but she was just way too nice, always there to sacrifice her life for others.

While there were bad parts, there were still very good parts. The writing was still done very well and there was a lot of adventure, but mostly in the end. I really really liked the ending, it was very well done and filled with lots of twists, turns, and action, it was very exciting to read. But the main reason I loved the ending was for the romance aspect of it ;) As can be seen with the last line...

"So after, when he whispers, 'You love me. Real or not
real?'
I tell him, 'Real.'"
And of course Peeettttttaaaaa!!!! I love him a lot...haha...he was so wonderful in this book, he will forever be my favorite Hunger Games character ;)

Cover Chit Chat: I am so happy there is a blue cover!! Hehe, my favorite color is blue so love! But I like it when they have a shadow of the Mockingjay more because the eye is really scary. == (B+)

All in all, not the best end to a trilogy, but defidently a satisfying ending for all Hunger Games lovers, and the ending was very well written and sure to make you very addicted even if the beginning doesn't.
Grade: A-

Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D