Monday, April 12, 2010

Morpheus Road: The Light By: D.J. MacHale

Title: Morpheus Road: The Light
Author: D.J. MacHale
HARDBACK
Amount of Pages: 352
Publisher: Aladdin
Release Date: April 20, 2010
Geared Towards: Middle Grade Readers + (Boys, some girls)
Extra Info: Author's site HERE!
From: Publisher (ARC)


"I believe in ghosts.
After you hear my story, I think you will too."

Summary (From B.O.B):

Marshall Seaver is being Haunted.

It begins with mysterious sounds, a fleeting face outside a window-all things that can be explained away. That is, until he comes face-to-face with a character who only exists on the pages of a sketchbook-a character Marshall himself created.

Marshall is quickly convinced these strange incidents have something to do with his best friend, Cooper, who has gone missing. Together with Cooper's beautiful but aloof sister, Sydney, Marshall searches for the truth about his friend while ultimately uncovering a nightmare that is bigger and more frightening than he ever could have imagined.

Wdebo's Review: I have actually never read the Pendgragon series (The other series DJ MacHale writes) before, but one of my good friends really likes it, so I had high hopes for this book.

At first, the beginning was ok, not really the most exciting, but ok. As the book went on, it was kind of scary, however the scary parts in the beginning just seemed to keep repeating itself, so after the same thing kept happening, it just got boring. However, during the middle, it picked up the pace and became very addicting and just hard to put down, and made me want to keep reading until the very end.

I found the characters to be a little cliche, you know, nerdy kid gets put together with popular best friend's good looking sister, and then in turn romance flies between them.

Cafe Cover Chat: I am not a big fan of the cover, mostly because of like cutesy covers, but I guess since the cover fits the book, I can't complain. (B+)

All in all, a good beginning of the series, I think guys would like it better, but I am actually looking forward to reading the second book in the series.

Grade: B+

Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D