Menu

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Awards The Reviewed Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Contest...

Coming soon!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cafe Chit Chat: Melissa Walker

Melissa Walker is the wonderful author of The Violet Trilogy (Violet on the Runway [Click HERE for review], Violet By Design [Click HERE for review] and Violet in Private [Click HERE for review]) and also Lovestruck summer.
Enjoy....
~~~~

Wdebo: Please describe yourself with three adjectives.

Melissa Walker: Quick, social and nostalgic

W: Can you describe a typical day?

M: It changes a lot, but usually I eat breakfast, work out, write 1000 words, eat lunch, work on magazine stories, then stop and go have fun. And I watch oprah on dvr at lunch!

W: What was it like to work at ELLEgirl and Seventeen? Do you have a fun story to share about it?

M: It was great! I miss working in a magazine office sometimes because we had so much fun. For Seventeen, I got to go to Atlanta for a prom dress fashion market. That was nuts! There are some intense prom dresses out there!

W: How did you come up with the idea for the Violet trilogy/Lovestruck Summer?

M: Violet was inspired by young models I interviewed for Ellegirl. Their world is so glam and so dark at the same time.

A trip to Austin inspired Lovestruck Summer. Such a fun, music-filled city!

W: Could you give a short summary of the Violet trilogy/Lovestruck Summer for those not familiar with it?

M: You can see summaries of all the books on melissacwalker.com under the "writing" headline. (I'd send a link but I'm traveling and answering on my iPhone!)

W: Are any of your characters based on people you know/have meet/etc?
M: Some are loosely based on combinations of people I've known. I think that's true of most authors. We steal gems from real life.
W: What is your favorite thing to do apart from writing?

M: Reading! Or maybe hanging out with my friends. Does that count?

W: What is your favorite color?

M: Green. I was just in Morocco and all the mosque doors are green to signify peace.

W: If you were stranded on an island and could only bring five things what would they be?

M: I can't answer this one. I always try to answer, but it's too hard!

W: Are you working on another project now?

M: Yes, my next book is called Small Town Sinners and I'm working on revisions now.

W: Could you tell us a little bit about it?

M: It's about a small town girl who wants to star in her church's annual haunted house of sin... Until a boy from her past makes her start to question the things she's always believed.

W: Who are some authors you look up to?

M: Authors from my childhood... Judy Blume, Ann M. Martin. And today I adore Sarah Dessen, among others.

W: What is your FAVORITE book in the whole world?

M: Probably Catcher in the Rye. a common answer, but with good cause.

W: Do you have anything else you would like to add?

M: Just thanks! Thanks!

W: Thanks for letting me interview you Melissa!

~~~~

Hope you enjoy and support her books!!

Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D