Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cafe Chit Chat: Melissa Walker

Melissa Walker is the wonderful author of The Violet Trilogy (Violet on the Runway [Click HERE for review], Violet By Design [Click HERE for review] and Violet in Private [Click HERE for review]) and also Lovestruck summer.
Enjoy....
~~~~

Wdebo: Please describe yourself with three adjectives.

Melissa Walker: Quick, social and nostalgic

W: Can you describe a typical day?

M: It changes a lot, but usually I eat breakfast, work out, write 1000 words, eat lunch, work on magazine stories, then stop and go have fun. And I watch oprah on dvr at lunch!

W: What was it like to work at ELLEgirl and Seventeen? Do you have a fun story to share about it?

M: It was great! I miss working in a magazine office sometimes because we had so much fun. For Seventeen, I got to go to Atlanta for a prom dress fashion market. That was nuts! There are some intense prom dresses out there!

W: How did you come up with the idea for the Violet trilogy/Lovestruck Summer?

M: Violet was inspired by young models I interviewed for Ellegirl. Their world is so glam and so dark at the same time.

A trip to Austin inspired Lovestruck Summer. Such a fun, music-filled city!

W: Could you give a short summary of the Violet trilogy/Lovestruck Summer for those not familiar with it?

M: You can see summaries of all the books on melissacwalker.com under the "writing" headline. (I'd send a link but I'm traveling and answering on my iPhone!)

W: Are any of your characters based on people you know/have meet/etc?
M: Some are loosely based on combinations of people I've known. I think that's true of most authors. We steal gems from real life.
W: What is your favorite thing to do apart from writing?

M: Reading! Or maybe hanging out with my friends. Does that count?

W: What is your favorite color?

M: Green. I was just in Morocco and all the mosque doors are green to signify peace.

W: If you were stranded on an island and could only bring five things what would they be?

M: I can't answer this one. I always try to answer, but it's too hard!

W: Are you working on another project now?

M: Yes, my next book is called Small Town Sinners and I'm working on revisions now.

W: Could you tell us a little bit about it?

M: It's about a small town girl who wants to star in her church's annual haunted house of sin... Until a boy from her past makes her start to question the things she's always believed.

W: Who are some authors you look up to?

M: Authors from my childhood... Judy Blume, Ann M. Martin. And today I adore Sarah Dessen, among others.

W: What is your FAVORITE book in the whole world?

M: Probably Catcher in the Rye. a common answer, but with good cause.

W: Do you have anything else you would like to add?

M: Just thanks! Thanks!

W: Thanks for letting me interview you Melissa!

~~~~

Hope you enjoy and support her books!!

Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D