Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, Spellbinder

Title: Night World No. 1
Author: L.J. Smith
PAPERBACK
Amount of Pages: 729
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: June 3, 2008
Geared Towards: Teens
"'The Night World. Where's the Night World?'
'It's not a place. It's like a secret society-for vampires and witches and werewolves. All the best people.'"
Summary (From B.O.B):
Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters-they live among
us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society,
a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love
breaks all the laws of the Night World.
In Secret Vampire, Poppy thought summer would last forver. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World.
Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in Daughters of Darkness. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.
Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in Spellbinder.
Wdebo's Review: Ooo, I have some friends that really love the Vampire Diaries and I have been dying to read it, so when I got a chance to review Night World No. 1, I was ubber excited and jumped at the oppurtunity. I thouroughly enjoyed this book, this book is very big, and seems menancing, but after a bit it just sucks you in and you don't realize the thickness of the book, actually you do, but you just wish that there was more.
L.J. Smith is such a wonderful author, I loved her writing style. It seems that Stephanie Meyer has taken a lot of her ideas from L.J., seriously, vampires that hear thoughts, super fast vamps, etc?!
But I just love all of the stories, at first I thoughtall the stories would be more boring then the last, seriously, you can only talk about the soulmate principle for so long, but I was wrong, with each new twerk and twist of each sotry, there was just something new and fresh and exciting, and the happy endings never hurt, total love! And it was also cool how random characters from the last story came to visit in other stories...I just love when that happens!
Favorite story: I defidently have to say Secret Vampire, seirously, the whole idea of falling in love with your super hot best guy friend is awesomeness, and dating a vampire is coolio too. Plus Poppy and James are so cute together!
Cafe Cover Chat: Ugh, don't really like the cover at all, all it is, is a person standing, it's not interesting (B-)
All in all, a great (set of) novel (s), I thoroughly enjoyed and can't wait for the next installment!
Grade: A-
Wdebo :)
********
Other Books you may enjoy:
Thanks to Simon & Schuster for a review copy~

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, although this book may not really be my cup of tea. I like the photo on the cover, I'd say it's the title font that I like less. You can check out the French covers at a friend's blog here, maybe you'll like them better ? :)

    Oh, and I've been told that an award was waiting for you here !

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D