Menu

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Awards The Reviewed Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Contest...

Coming soon!

Friday, July 31, 2009

What Legends Are Made Of By: Heather Beck

Title: What Legends Are Made Of
Author: Heather beck
E-BOOK
Amount of Pages: 140
Publisher: Romance Divine
Publishing Year: 2008
Extra Info: Also available in paperback!




Summary: [From Author Website] Travel to Sir Tristen's Estate, where ghosts roam freeely and enter into your dreams at night. Step aboard to Blue Oceana, a ship that will lead you to the World's last merman. Get a ticket to Frank's Freak Show to discover the truly disturbing main attraction. Finally, enter the doors of Kary and Max Shield's costume and Magic Shop. It's a shop whose merchandise is a bit too real.
These tales will leave you spellbound and yearning for more. Are you ready to find out what real legends are made of?
Wdebo's Review: This was the very first ebook I read [Not counting the Midnight Sun ebook copy b/c it was only 4 pages and I got bored after that] and I just figured out how much a hate reading on the computer, but apart from that this book was just WONDERFUL.
It totally tickles your scary/paranormal story itch. I really like short stories, there is something new and fresh and everyone. The stories were interesting, and well developed, for a story that only had around 30 to 40 pages to, well, develop. I loved all her ideas, they were so great to read!
The only thing that I didn't like was in the first one, it was a good story, and the ending was a surprise, but the writing felt awkward and the dialogue, too added in, sometimes it just didn't flow, but after that all the other stories were really great!
The story I couldn't wait to read was Freaky Frank, I always wanted to go to a Freak Show, but I was always too chicken to. It was really great and didn't disapoint.
When I was reading, I just couldn't help but wonder, does Heather's dream man have blue eyes, because that was the color eyes in at least one guy of each story. But, I guess my dream guy has blue eyes too, so I can't say anything :)
All in all, an awesome story for readers of the supernatural kind, or anyone else who just craves a good short story.
Grade: A-
Wdebo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D