Friday, August 22, 2008

Introducing... Manga Spotlight!

I used to always think that people who read mangas were nerds or geeks (one of my friends REALLY liked it, if you saw that person, you would believe that too.) But when I finished the Taiwanese Drama, Hana Kimi (Look at the Taiwanese Drama section of today), I decided I was going to read the manga and I CANNOT put it down!!! Yes, it is like the best thing to happen to me. I read 100 girls, and I cannot stand comics like that, not like I like shojo, well starting tommorrow with Hana Kimi, I will have a manga spotlight.

Books:
I conquer Britain By: Dyan Sheldon

" They all waved (including Bruce Lee), and Tampa shouted 'Bonny voyage!' loud enough to be heard back on Herkimer Street.
I gave them a big smile and waved back.
I was pretty sure I wasn't going to miss them." ~ I conquer Britain, page 16, Dyan Sheldon


I conquer Britain is the "Sequal" to Sophie Pitt-Turnbull Discovers America, this book is about when Sophie goes to, you guessed it, America, when she and Cherokee Salamanca's mom decide to swap daughters for the summer. When Cherokee (named for the indian tribe NOT the car) learns that she is going to Britain and can leave America she is up-the-wall excited! But right before she even touches english soil things have gone wrong, her pig and the overly-scared-she-was-going-to- die lady who sat next to her pukes on her. But once she gets to Britain it gets better then worse, will she really survive and finally conquer Britain? Find out by reading!


Taiwanese Drama:

Hana-Kimi (Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao nv)-Taiwanese Version!!!


The first TDrma I watched, absolutely cute!!!

After seeing the high jumping compitition, Lu Rui Xi (Ella) is so blown away and smitten by Quan (Wu Zhun) that she decideds to go to his school. Just one small problem, it's an all boys school, so what's a girl to do? Cut your hair short and act like a guy, of course! After getting in, her biggest dream/nightmare comes true, she and Quan are roomates! How can you hide your identity from your whole school and also from your love/roomate? When her friend Xiu Yi (Jiro Wang) begins to have feelings for her, he believes he is gay and it turns his life upside down!


I totally loved it! It was so cute! Everyone who loves Fahrenheit and S.H.E. has to watch it, also people who read the manga have to watch it! I would reccomend it to any of my friends. 10/10!!! :)


As much as I love S.H.E. and Fahrenheit but Lollipop (such an ironic name) is sooo cute!!!



Especially Wang Zi, Ou Quan and Xiao Jie!!

CU,2mrrw!

Wdebo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D