Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A-Mei

O.M.G. I can't believe it has taken me so long to spotlight A-Mei. She was the very first idol I have ever known (My parents introduced her to me when I was five or so, and I have loved her music ever since!)

She has a wonderfully gorgeous voice, and I hope everone can listen to her music!

Chinese Name: 張惠妹 (Zhang Hui Mei)
English Name: A-Mei
Birthday: August 9, 1972
Age: 37
Birthplace: Taitung, Taiwan
Instruments: Vocals, drums, and guitar
What she does: Singer

Background Info: Because A-Mei is a Taiwanese Aboriginese, she was exposed to tribal music at a young age. (It seems there are so many Taiwanese Aborigonese singers now...but they all have amazing voices ^_^)

One of her most famous songs, that was one of the first songs I ever listened to her is called 姊妹 (Jie Mei) (Sisters), it was the title song of her very first album. My family + friends sing it everytime we go karaokeing! Such a classic!

Now, for some music to enjoy!

The first song, Can I hug you?, is also another classic by her...such a simple and beautiful song! (English Translation on bottom!)





    Subs By: caruthersm

    It's raining outside,
    seems just like my bleeding heart,
    Loving you for that long
    was actually not that easy.

    When it comes to separating our things,
    tomorrow it won't even matter.
    The clothes left at home;
    when you have the time, take them back.

    Don't think that love always ends happily,
    I'm not willing to constantly find excuses.
    I won't force you to do this for me.
    Your heart is not here; it still hurts whether or not you stay.

    Can I hug you, lover?
    Let me cry on your shoulder.
    If today we were to break up,
    let me happily cry out loud.

    Can I hug you, darling?
    Let me call you this for one last time.
    You are also unhappy.
    I will leave, smiling.




Next song, I want Happiness?, another beautiful song by her...enjoy!



Hope you enjoy! And please comment!

Wdebo :)

4 comments:

  1. No happy songs? :) Love the voice! She sings beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, she has some happy songs :D Like her slow songs more tho.

    Yeah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg the first song is so sad especially when you read the lyrics along with em !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is...but the song is very great!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I want to hear what you have to say =D